Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:42:35 +0200
Giuliano Colla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

It would be nice if Lazarus could provide a "stable" branch, which starts with each "official" release, and it is only maintained by backporting bug fixes and/or "safe" small enhancements, leaving out
all the developments for next release.
[...]
Great.

I'm just worried about bug reports. But IMO we should give it a try.

Maybe I oversimplify, but IMO bug reports shouldn't give rise to more problems than today.

Today you get bug reports which either are related to an svn version (not always the last one, BTW) or to the released version.

If the released version becomes the released/maintained version, the situation would be pretty much the same.

However problems may arise if different bug fixes are applied to the main trunk and to the branch.

My idea, to avoid confusion, was to take a very conservative approach. That is, only backport to the stable branch bug fixes which have been applied to the main trunk. Of course inappropriate backporting may introduce branch specific bugs, but you can't get scrambled eggs without breaking the eggs!

Giuliano