Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na Lee Jenkins ha escrit:

Hi all,

I need to build a GUI application where a spawned thread will open a socket, receive messages and the controls on the form (TStringGride, etc) will need to be updated with values received from the socket.

Should I use a critical section for this? I remember that Delphi has a method for interacting with the main thread from other threads, is this supported in Laz/FPC?

Synchronize(method) will execute method in the context of the main thread.

Bye

Thanks to all.

--

Warm Regards,