> I think what you are looking for is the fields property in the OI.

I guess OI = Object Inspector.

Well, I never seen before in Lazarus and don't know if it should appear
there but my experience in Delphi is:

- Double click in the dataset component opens "Fields Editor".
- Right click (context menu) in the dataset component then select "Fields
Editor".

I dig a little and found a form called fieldseditor and fieldslist in
<lazarus>\ideint folder, the I guess Lazarus can deal with persistent
fields, isn't it?

Regards.