Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na Luiz Americo Pereira Camara ha escrit:

See as a balance between features/code size.

Sure, that's a good trade off. One has just to know the peculiarities of this dataset and where it diverges from the standard dataset behaviour (btw: why did you implement a method RefetchData instead of using Refresh?)
It has a different meaning. The problem is the lack of documentation. I already started the documentation but is not finished yet.

Anyway, for more featured, you can use ZeosLib which is by far the most complete database layer in fpc or even SqlitePass that has more options.

No, I'm actually after something rather lightweight (I won't be using dbgrids, I won't even have a user interface), so for this project I'll probably use sqlite3ds now that I know what are its strengths and weaknesses.
Besides, zeoslib has a nasty memory leak with sqlite.

It seems that the leak is with all backends and a specific fpc version does not leak as i read in a fpc list post

Luiz