Micha Nelissen wrote:
Joao Morais wrote:
The ClientWidth method does not count the vertical scroll bar width. Is
this by default? This is inconsistent with Delphi, so if this is by
default I know I need to implement a workaround =)

The ClientWidth is the space available for client controls, no ? The
vertical scrollbar occupies some of that space, so it makes sense the
ClientWidth is excluding the scrollbar.

I thik you mean including the scrollbar. Don't think so. I see a scrollbar like a component finish instead a space to the user. I need to know how many pixels I have to distribute my string grid columns, and a scroll bar will make a mess of my calculations whenever the number of grid lines will be greater than the client height.

I'm not sure whether this is on purpose, but for example on gtk, the
scrollbar is outside the control usually, but on win32, it's drawn
inside the control.

Nice point! So what about a standard behavior? (btw my gtk1 and win32 implementations are drawing the scrollbars inside the control)

Thanks.

--
Joao Morais