On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:38:24 +0200
"Graeme Geldenhuys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 16/06/07, Joao Morais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Out of interest... Why did you create a new pascal parser and code
> > > updater, when CodeTools can already do that plus more for you?
> >
> > Because I need it to D5+ as well, and because it was amusing =)
> >

> Ah. :-)
> I was told that CodeTools was initially designed with Delphi and then
> integrated into Lazarus.  I still need to test this and see if
> CodeTools can still be compiled under Delphi.

They were never developed under Delphi.
I wrote some small code tools with Delphi, learned that there was
some misconceptions and started new from scratch. This was years ago,
and fpc+laz were merely a hobby. I tried to do be Delphi compatible.
But I never needed them under Delphi, so I never tested the IFDEFs, and
a year later fpc+laz were good enough and so I only wrote mode
objfpc, which I liked from the very beginning.
The only part of lazarus, which I wrote with Delphi, were some parts of
the object inspector. But nowadays there is not much left of it.
Then I used some weeks emacs, then I wrote a small editor with Delphi,
used it with wine several weeks until I had improved lazarus enough.

Mattias