On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:01:07 +0100
Paul Michell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have used LazOpenGLContext in GTK1 with no problems. I would now
> like to move to GTK2 as this seems much more stable these days.
> However, when I rebuild Lazarus for GTK2 widgetset, the compilation
> fails with the message:
>
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/opengl/glgtkglxcontext.pas(1,1)
> Fatal: Can't find unit gdk2x

The gtk2 backend of the openglcontext does not work (yet). It works
in some rare cases, but I didn't had the time to find the final piece.
As soon as this is works, I will probably remove the gdk2x dependency.
If someone wants to experiment with it:
Try the example components/opengl/examples/testopenglcontext1.lpi.
with fpc 2.3.x.

> Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong? If it is a
> known problem I would like to contribute to solving it, although I
> know very little about GTK development and I would need pointing in
> the right direction!
>
> I have also tried to install GLScene for Lazarus. I followed the
> installation instructions for version 1.0.0.1 given in the WIKI at:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/GLScene
>
> I used the SVN option with today's Lazarus from SVN using FPC 2.0.4.
> The rebuild halts with the message:
>
> The package "glscenelazarus 1.0.0.1" failed to compile.
> Remove it from the installation list?
>
> The compiler error messages are:
>
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(409,91)
> Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(413,91)
> Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(414,91)
> Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(415,91)
> Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(443,20)
> Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be
> overridden: "TGLNodes.EndUpdate"
> /home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(519,1)
> Fatal: There were 5 errors compiling module, stopping
>
> Is there a work-around for this not in the WIKI, or have I made a
> mistake setting it up?
>
> Thanks for any pointers you can give,
> Kind regards,

I never tried glscene under gtk2, so I can't help here.

Mattias