Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho пишет:
Hi,

I just tested the Lazarus IDE with carbon, and it loads and looks reasonable:

http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/photos/Fullscreen_1.png

=)

It cannot be used, because SynEdit doesn't work (lot's of bugs: no
Caret, when moves around the text the new text is painted over the old
text, no scrollbars, etc, etc).

But, nevertheless, it's a great progress already =)

After experience with patching same issues in qt I have an idea.

Felipe, can you correct TCarbonDeviceContext.ExtTextOut a bit and retest?

Look at code.

if not BeginTextRender(Str, Count, TextLayout) then Exit;

SynEdit uses ExtTextOut to fill background. To do this SynEdit passes Empty Str argument and Count = 0. As result BeginTextRender return False and no bg filling will happen.

So if (Options and ETO_OPAQUE) <> 0 then backgound should be filled inspite of BeginTextRendere = False.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.