On Thursday 12 July 2007 23:40, A.J. Venter wrote:
> Moreover this is clearly not an ideal setup for them since the grammer
> would require the username to be elsewhere in the sentence sometimes
> (how do I handle that), and there is the even more complex part where
> I need to set a number of captions for a different form out of this
> unit later on:
>
> TrayIcon1.Hint := IntToStr(Units)+' Units remaining';
>   Popup1.Caption := IntToStr(Units)+' Units remaining';
>   Popup1.Panel1.Color := RGBToColor(227,108,42);
>   Writeln(Units);
>   Popup1.TextY.Caption := 'Welcome user '+LoggedInUser+LineEnding;
>   Popup1.TextY.Caption := Popup1.TextY.Caption+'You have
> '+IntToStr(Units)+' time units left'+LineEnding;
>
> All of that should obviously ALSO be translated.
>
> How do I do that part please ?

By using the Format function. For example:

resourcestring
  rsWelcomeMsg =
    'Welcome user %s'+LineEnding+'You have %d time units left';
 Popup1.TextY.Caption :=  format(rsWelcomeMsg, [LoggedInUser, Units]);

A translation in Dutch could then be
'Welkom, je hebt nog %1:d tijd eenheden over, %0:s.'
which has the order of the parameters switched.

Luk