Zitat von Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 06:00:55PM +0200, Mattias G?rtner wrote:
> > Zitat von Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> directory,

> use
> > >
> > > Well then I suggest that being fixed too. ( :- )
> >
> > Can you elaborate, how such versioned directories should work?
>
> I can think of two possible solutions:
> 1 all files in a directory (versioned) in .lazarus or .lazarus-version
> 2 letting the name of the directory depend on the binary.
>  In this case, renaming "lazarus" to "lazarus-version" would fix it.
>
> The first is easier, the second more flexible, however will probably be too
> problematic due to "startlazarus" and Lazarus self building properties.
>
> So that leaves us the first point, and a  .lazarus/$lazversion is cleaner
> than .lazarus-$lazversion I think

What about projects and packages?
What should happen when a user starts a lazarus with a new version? Should the
IDE automatically create copies?
Is the lazversion enough? Maybe some users needs two different revisions of the
same 0.9.23.

If I understand it right, you want to keep several old lazarus versions. Somehow
you distinguish them (e.g. icon). Why not simply use the command line
parameter?

Mattias