Henry Vermaak ha scritto:
On 17/10/2007, Alvise Nicoletti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi...

I tryed to compile my linux service for a server with ubuntu 64 bit and
mysql 5.
So I changed in the code every mysql40 reference to mysql50.
I tryed to change target, compile, and copy the binary to the another
server, when I try to connect to the database all I get is:
Can not load MySQL library "libmysqlclient.so". Please check your
installation.

The server configuration is ubuntu 64 bit, mysql 5.0 (client and server).

I need an application that works on this kind of server, so if you
suspect that I can have any trouble with this in the future please
notify it to me. I'm a little scared about that.
Is it just a misconfiguration problem?

If I do a locate libmysqlclient.so I found:
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0

you will need to install the -dev package (which will make the
libmysqlclient.so link).

henry

Thank you for your support.

I installed the package on the machine I'm copyng the compiled binary and I have the same error: Can not load MySQL library "libmysqlclient.so". Please check your installation.
Really... I installed another package cause:
# apt-get install mysql-dev
The package mysql-dev don't have avaiable versions, but is nominated in another package, so it's obsolete or missing.
However, this package replaces it:
libmysqlclient12-dev libmysqlclient10-dev

So I choosed libmysqlclient12-dev and installed it.

But I still have the same error.

I also did a "updatedb" and "locate libmysqlclient.so" and I find:
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0

# ls -al /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2007-10-18 09:36 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.12

Is there something else I have to do?

Does I need to do that also on the machine that is COMPILING the program? (in that 32 bit machine, the program, always worked... I'm only having problems to run the program on another (64 bits) machine).

Thank you in advance.