Having a problem with this code segment. Same exact code I use in delphi to create splash screens and it does work correctly with the same exact code on Linux with GTK2. It fails when I call show and I am getting a exception error that says failed to create Win32 control, error 1407 that is coming from the Win32WSControls unit in the FinishCreateWindow procerdure.

program splog;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
 {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF UseCThreads}
 cthreads,
 {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
 Interfaces, // this includes the LCL widgetset
 Forms,
 Unit1,  //contains the main form
 Unit2,  //contains the splashscreen
 pers, selfile, lnetvisual, config, dup,
 flags, sdf, chapsetup, listinput;

begin
 frmSplash := TfrmSplash.Create(application);
 frmSplash.Show;                               //fails on this line
 frmSplash.update;
 Application.Initialize;
 Application.CreateForm(TfrmMain, frmMain);
 Application.CreateForm(TfrmChapterSetup, frmChapterSetup);
 Application.Run;
end.

Jeff Steinkamp - N7YG
Tucson, AZ