Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:42:35 +0300
"Ciprian Mustiata" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-  Project menu:
  - no items until the: publish project should exist, they are
redundant with File Menu where most users will make that operations

new project: is unneeded nowadays, although I still use it.

new project from file: is needed.

open project: better file mask and no question to open xml file,
otherwise pretty similar to file > open

open recent project: I always use this for the simple reason, that I
set the count to 30, which is still too less.

close project: this was added because many people asked for it. It is
not needed, but many people feel better if using it.

save project: included in save all. save all does more, but that is not
obvious for the user, so it is not needed.

But lazarus is used more and more in schools, where a simple menu
structure is needed. It would be easy to create a 'teaching' package,
which hides some menu items. Maybe some teachers can give some advice?

Mattias

Good idea.Why not also additional fixed "views' : current called "classic view" and new "simplified view" or something like that
Such distinction is used in many tools view menu afaik

Regards
Boguslaw