Hi Phil and others,

I think if we only make careful amendments to carboncanvas.pp and
nowhere else, then nobody needs to be horrified any more.

I did not see your screenshots! I can confirm that the text won't look
identical to the buttons even with my changes, but that is not so
important. It might be intended by Apple.

So if you could live with the change that Mattias proposed, I would go
ahead and prepare a patch to add this function:

> function SetFontFractionalPositioning(DC: HDC;
>   UseFractionalPositioning: boolean): boolean;
> to carboncanvas.pp

Which you would need to call just once for any Canvas involved.

Since this is Carbon-internal, we could include it in 0.9.23.

What do you think?

Kind Regards,
Tobias Giesen

Super Flexible Software Ltd. & Co. KG