Lee Jenkins wrote:

Thanks Vincent, but that is what is so odd! I'm not trying to start an application in lazarus, I am trying to start the firebirdSQL service on my XP computer, LOL!

I started playing around with the Powtils stuff a couple of days ago. This morning I was trying to ouput the file to the cgi directory of my local apache test server so I changed the Target File property to my cgi directory.

At one point, I went to connect to an FB database and couldn't connect to it, so I went into Windows services and tried to restart firebird service and that is when I get the error message shown in the screenshot, which happens to be the same error message for the cgi apps I was testing with Lazarus.

I uninstalled and removed the cgi directory for apache and uninstalled Lazarus as well, but still get the problem.

Really weird.

OK, figured out what the problem was. I had setup apache in the default folder suggested by the installer under program files. In lazarus, I had set Target Filename to C:\program files\..... in order to create the cgi in the default cgi folder for apache.

Lazarus got confused and created an executable file named "Program" under the the C:\ drive!!!

Windows was complaining something awful when restarted and of course, Firebird wouldn't start either. Not sure why that caused a problem, but I deleted the file and everything works as it did.

Well, not lazarus or apache.  I have to re-install those now <g>.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee