Hi Raistware,

For now the components in Lazarus are linked static.

There is a FPC compiler miss-support for doing them dinamically. It is a
purposed feature for FPC team.

The DLL's only (excluding the component part) are possible to load with
no issue. If you are affraid of that, you may create still the component
and make a proxy function to export your control (I know, is not a
solution) and use it as the coresponding control in Lazarus. (hint:
every control has the Handle property which corresponds to the Windows'
HWND ID) but no guarantees about the behavior.

You may still wait until it gets integrated to the FPC compiler that
feature, or you may compile first statically, and use as is, adding
firstly to Lazarus IDE, and lately you may import project with
(hopefully) no issue.

Hope that helps,
Ciprian

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 17:16 +0100, Raistware wrote:
> Bogusław Brandys escribió:
> > Raistware wrote:
> >> Hi all!
> >>
> >> In our company we are thinking to migrate from Delphi 7 and Delphi
> >> 2007 to Lazarus. But we need some third party components that are
> >> distributed as a DLL.
> >> So, is it possible to load a DLL at Lazarus runtime? Lazarus supports
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot!
> >>

> > At runtime or design-time ? Please clarify.
> >
> > Boguslaw
> >

> Hello!
>
> Well, we don't have the sources of the component, we only have a set of
> DLL and a few OCX files, the redistributable files. Also we have a few
> precompiled DCU and PAS files, the .pas files are only linkers to DLLs,
> and a DPK and DPROJ files, the Delphi package and project files to
> install the component, but I think that this doesn't will work for Lazarus.
> The component's name is Combit List&Label.
>

> The questions:
> Is it possible to install this component at Lazarus?
> What can we do to install the component at Lazarus?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s)
review, use,
recipient, please
message.