Yes, but we have plans to release more often than fpc team - at least twice per year, or better once per quarter.

Using above versioning scheme, we don't need to release often, IMO. Because we have fixes branch. People who don't wait too long for official stable release should use fixes branch.

I think it's better for both developers and users. Users using stable release don't need to "fix" their codes often, so they can use their own stable codes in longer time. Since user's stable codes could last longer, it also mean those users won't bother developers.

Users who like to use fixes branch but feel unsecure to use development version can always follow fixes from developers without need to wait too long for stable release. They also won't bother developers since they know the risks of using fixes branch.

So, IMO, everybody wins. ;)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com