Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
Vincent Snijders wrote:
Damien Gerard schreef:

I use SVn with my projects in lazarus.

I added the file project.lpi. This file is sent nearly at each commit and always provides conflicts with others team members. However I believe the file is needed due to there are some settings for the project.

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Do you store session information in a different file (.lps). Don't add this file to svn. See project options -> Session.

Another problem i face is that when you open a project saved in Win32 in a Linux machine the lpi file is changed because of the PathDelim even if you don't change the project options. The inverse (Linux > win32) is also true.
This leads to unnecessary file commits.

From some time i always check the changes in lpi files to see if worth commiting

Luiz

What if inside project would be used only one PathDelim and IDE resolve it into correct one on each platform ?