2007/11/26, Daniel Rincón García <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi, I need to capture the FieldValues of a SQLite database into a string
> variable.
>
> If I do it:
>
>    while not dsTest.EOF do
>      begin
>      DataToSend := DataToSend +
>                             dsTest.FieldValues ['Code'] + '\' +
>                             dsTest.FieldValues['Name'] + '\' +
>                              dsTest.FieldValues['Address'] + '#';

provided that DataToSend is a string (as I suppose), you should do this:

DataToSend := DataToSend + dsTest.FieldByName('Code').AsString;

since FieldByName() returns a TField, have a look at the other methods
for type casting.
There is basically everything: AsInteger, AsBoolean, and so on..
This also explains why your second code happened to work.

Now I'll break every netiquette rule and change (partially) subject:

To the Great Guys of the lazarus project:

I am finishing a medium size project with lazarus + sqlite3, for which
I had study and experiment a lot due to the fact that, IMHO, the
database tutorial was slightly too quick on the sqlite part.
Would you appreciate it if I wrote a tutorial (= commented example) on
sqlite3 with basic topics like the one above and the not so trivial
date management stuff ?
If you don't really care about it, I won't spend time on it; but if
you do care, please point me to the instructions for the wiki and/or a
tutorial page template....this will be my Christmas present to the
Lazarus project. :-)

Roberto