On Nov 29, 2007, at 8:36 PM, Damien Gerard wrote:

Hi !

I try to compile Lazarus under OS X 10.5 and the widgetset GTK2, following the tutorial :
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GTK2_Interface

I have got the error:
Undefined symbols:
 "_iconv_close", referenced from:
     CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
 "_iconv_open", referenced from:
     CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
 "_iconv", referenced from:
     CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
     CWSTRING_ANSI2UCS4MOVE$PCHAR$UCS4STRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
Error: Error while linking
Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
make: *** [ide] Error 2

I tried to link with my iconv library provided by MacPorts without success

I forgot to mention it compiles and runs well using GTK1

--
Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]