Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 13/12/2007, el stamatakos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Hi,
  I would like to display a message but not wait for the user to hit ok. I
would like to display it for 1 second and then close it. The reason is I
will have a process that will do different things and I would like to
dispaly what is being done.

Yeah, a form with a Timer should do the trick.  Same principle as a
splash screen.  I've done something similar in my projects and created
a helper function to create and show the form, so I don't need to do
that every time.  The form also has a 3D look with now title bars or
borders.

eg:
   ShowNotification('your message goes here', displaytime);

displaytime is optional and defaults to 2 seconds in my case.

or even:

ShowWaitMessage(AMessage: string; ToShow: boolean);

var
 sMsg: string;
begin
  sMsg := 'Hold up, wait a minute, put a little pimpin in it';
  ShowWaitMessage(sMsg, true);
  // ... do some work
  ShowWaitMessage('', false);
end;

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"If I don't see you around here, I'll see you around, hear?"