Hi Mattias,
Using Mac OS X how do I create a patch? If you can tell me what I need to download/install then I'm happy to do that.

Dominique.

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:14:51 +0000
Dominique Louis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Firstly, I'd like to propose a slight change to the scanlines example
so that it is easier for developers to follow the code and to
possibly incorporate bits of it into their own code.

type
   TBGRA = packed record
     b, g, r, a : byte;
   end;
   PBGRA = ^TBGRA;
   TBGRAArray = array[ WORD ] of TBGRA;
   PBGRAArray = ^TBGRAArray;

procedure TForm1.PaintToRGB32bitScanLine(Row, ImgWidth: integer;
   LineStart: Pointer);
// LineStart is pointer to the start of a scanline with the following format:
// 4 bytes per pixel. First byte is blue, second green, third is red.
// the fourth byte is the Alpha value, which is not specified in this
// example
// Black is 0,0,0, white is 255,255,255
var
   i: Integer;
   lrow : PBGRAArray
begin
   lrow := PBGRAArray( LineStart )

   // fill line with gray
   for i := 0 to ImgWidth - 1 do
   begin
     lrow^[ i ].r := 128; // set red to 128
     lrow^[ i ].g := 128; // set green to 128
     lrow^[ i ].b := 128; // set blue to 128
   end;
   // set one diagonal pixel to red ( this creates a diagonal red
line ) lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].r := 255; // set red to 255 -
full intensity
   lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].g := 0; // set green to 0
   lrow^[ ( Row mod ImgWidth ) ].b := 0; // set blue to 0
end;

I think this is a lot easier to understand than the previous version.

Ok. Can you create a patch?

Secondly,  I have a scanline issue that I hope someone on here can
help with. I have 2 TImages on a Form ( I'm using Mac OS X if that
makes any difference ) one contains an image of a yellow light bulb.
I want to copy, pixel by pixel, the image from one TImage over to the
second TImage. Yes I know I could just assign the bitmap from one to
the other, but this is an exercise in Scanline manipulation. The
problem I have is that once copied the second TImage contains a blue
light bulb instead of a yellow one.

The code I'm using is..
   MyBitmap := TBitmap.Create;
   ScanLineImage := Image1.Picture.Bitmap.CreateIntfImage;
   MyBitmap.Width := ScanLineImage.Width;
   MyBitmap.Height:= ScanLineImage.Height;
   IntfImage := MyBitmap.CreateIntfImage;
ImgFormatDescription.Init_BPP32_B8G8R8_BIO_TTB( ScanLineImage.Width, ScanLineImage.Height );
   IntfImage.DataDescrption := ImgFormatDescription;

   for y := 0 to ScanLineImage.Height do

Height-1

   begin
     lrow := ScanLineImage.GetDataLineStart( y );
     brow := IntfImage.GetDataLineStart( y );

What's brow?

     for x := 0 to ScanLineImage.Width do

Width-1

     begin
       brow^[ x ].r := lrow^[ x ].r; // set red
       brow^[ x ].g := lrow^[ x ].g; // set green
       brow^[ x ].b := lrow^[ x ].b; // set blue
       brow^[ x ].a := lrow^[ x ].a; // set alpha value
     end;
   end;

   MyBitmap.LoadFromIntfImage( IntfImage );
   Image2.Picture.Bitmap := MyBitmap;

Can anyone see a flaw in my logic of using scanlines for this/this
way?

Yes.
MyBitmap.LoadFromIntfImage( IntfImage )
does no conversion.

You created an image with the format
ImgFormatDescription.Init_BPP32_B8G8R8_BIO_TTB
which is probably not the format of your platform.
Solution:
Don't use ScanLine, but use the Colors property of IntfImage. See the
examples/lazintfimage/fadein1.lpi.

Mattias