Hi,

2008/1/15, Horacio Jamilis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I was thinking exactly the same
>
> Yesterday I was talking about Lazarus to one of my clients, and he asked
> me why I am steel using Delphi... and the my answer was:
>
> 1) The internal debugger is not as usefull as the Delphi one...
> The most important missing feature is the Object support (evaluate or
> modify property values, or call methods while debugging).
> 2) Some thirty party components that are not currently available
> (currently I am using mostly JVCL)
>
> For me the debugger is the most important missing part...
>
> Is anybody working on a internal debugger for lazarus?
> Did anybody started such a project yet?
> Does anybody have something to start from?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Horacio
>
> Bogus?aw Brandys escribió:

> >> First: Please reply at the bottom of the messages.
> >>
> >> The answer to your question was already in my reply quoted above. The
> >> debugger gdb support for
> >> dwarf was not good enough and not supported on all platforms
> >> (especially windows). It is
> >> improving, but it needs to be tested well before we can make dwarf
> >> debuginfo for some platforms
> >> the default in fpc.
> >>
> >> Peter
> >>

> > We need a native debugger support for FPC/Lazarus programs on all
> > platforms.That's the big issue everyone seems to avoid talking about...
> >
> > Boguslaw

I have just suggested (on Mantis) a workaround to add the Object Property
support to the current debugger.

The workaround is very simple:

if the debugger cannot resolve the request symbol (ex: TForm.Width) then it
try to resolve the TForm.GetWidth and it also this is not resolved then try
with TForm.FWidth (the same to set the property but with the
TForm.SetWidthsymbol).

This very simple workaround can add the Object Properties support.

What do you think about?

I hope to can found some time to create a patch. :)