Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
[...I forgot the attachment size limit so split the email in two...]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 22 Jan 2008 09:33
Subject: Lazarus compiled with GTK2
To: lazarus@miraclec.com

Hi,

Every couple of months I try Lazarus compiled with GTK2.  In the end I
still find GTK1 much better, though GTK2 has improved a lot since my
last attempt.

I attached a few images show some strange positioning and sizing...
GTK1 and Win32 are perfect on these screens. All screenshots are from
the Editor Options dialog in Lazarus.

Does anybody else experience the same screen positioning / sizing
issue with GTK2?

I've had the same experiences. You didn't see the problem with TButton: the only way to display a visible caption is to use AutoSize (otherwise you loose the bottom half of fonts), but then the button is resized also in x, which isn't always what you want/need.

Moreover, until last time I tested, z-order wasn't implemented, TPanel didn'have a border, etc. etc.

I gather that someone is already using GTK2, but I believe that he's not much demanding in terms of graphic appearance. My customers would run after me with a hammer if I'd dare to show them the current state of the art. :-)

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)