On Feb 6, 2008 10:45 PM, Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There already is FPC on mobile devices.
>
> For the rest, the FAQ mostly applies:
> http://www.hu.freepascal.org/faq.var#dotnet

I think this is a little bit too intransigent. Many mobiles run only
Java, so there is no other path to support them.

My experience with Symbian makes me think I should have instead
started a Java port. The Symbian is such a mess that a Java port would
maybe be easier to do and achieve support for a hugely superior number
of devices.

There is even a Java assembler out there. I'm not 100% convinced that
it can't be abstracted just like if it was just another platform.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho