On Feb 11, 2008 2:43 PM, Lee Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I simply added another icon to the resource and called it 101, but obviously
> that is not the way to go.  Must the icon be in its own resource file or can
> it
> be placed in the existing resource file I already have?

I think that being on a separate resource file makes no difference.
Did you rebuild your rc file?

Recent fpc versions can build it directly from the rc file, but I
don't remeber when that was added. I still do it the old way. Make a
script that will call windres to built it:

PATH=path/to/fpc/bin/dir
windres -i myresource.rc -o myresource.res

And then {$R Resource.res}

> Also, if its dependent on a handle, can I just load an icon from file and then
> pass the handle of that to the TTrayIcon.Icon.Handle property?

Sure, just put a HICON handle there. I never did it this way, so I
don't know what function to use. You can read the msdn docs to see
what functions return a HICON:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=site%3Amsdn2.microsoft.com+HICON&btnG=Search

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho