> The LBackup website is a wiki and content is a community effort.
I misunderstood, I will add content once I figure this issue out

> Is there any reason in particular you are opting to use TrueCrypt for the
> backup
I chose to use TrueCrypt because it is cross-platform; I can mount the
drive under other operating systems (if necessary) and have access to
the files, whereas I was unsure if this was possible with hdiutils.

> Finally, I would recommend against using spaces in the paths for your
> backups. LBackup will work fine with spaces in the path names. However, do
> not place a space in the name of the backup directory destination.
Noted; I have re-named the volume.

> If you are still having problems please provide the a compressed copy of your
> configuration directory and the output from the following command :
> vsdbutil -c "/Volumes/Athens Backup"

I think the problem is hinging around TrueCrypt and the way that
vsdbutil is handling the decrypted disk image. The command returns:
$ sudo /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -c "/Volumes/Athens_Backup/"
No entry found for '/Volumes/Athens_Backup/'.

It appears that no on-disk ownership database is being created by the vsdbutil.
Any ideas? Otherwise I am tempted to make a quick backup ignoring
permissions until I get the issue resolved, as I'm in a backup-less
limbo right now.

Thanks,
Matt