Thank you for the detailed information regarding your setup.

> What would you see as a "good" speedvalue for this set of data? I think
> you've more experience with rsync than me...
> Any thoughts about speeding rsync up?

As a first step I would suggest posting this question to the rsync mailing
list. I would be happy to assist you with as required.

>> Did you have the checksum option enabled in your LBackup configuration?
>
> It is commented out:
> # checksum_enabled="NO"
> The default-value is No, isn't it? So I assume it is turned off.

With the current version of LBackup, checksumming is disabled by default. It is
disabled by default primarily due to the performance hit associated with
enabling checksumming.

With the line commented out or with the line uncommented and set to "NO", the
--checksum argument will not be passed to rsync by lbackup.

Coming back to your initial question regarding the speed differences. On a
second run with lbackup is there such a significant difference between lbackup
and BIT?

Thank you.