I use splint since few months now and find it very helpful.  However I hit
problem recently on Win98 OS.  Since I use Splint for an embedded project, I
use it
with batch file.  The command line look like this:

c:\travail\splint-3.0.1.6\bin\splint -f c:\travail\ipmi2148\%1
..filepath\file.c ...

It seems that there is a line limit of 1000 characters on the batch
interpreter of Win98.  Unfortunately the source file list (~23 files)
including the path is longer than 1000 characters.  This problem does not
seems to occur on Win2000 OS batch file interpreter but I must compile
this project on both OS.

I look through the splint Doc file to find a flag that allow to include the
source file list to check by Splint within an option file (-f) and did not
find anything.  I also scan the mailing list and the source code of Splint
itself and only find the CPATH that seems appropriate only for dot h file.

For instance the only workaround I find is:
-use wild card such *.c, but on a real project this is not very convenient
since there is always system or architecture dot c file we don't want to
check or only
temp dot c file that must not be compiled.
-break the project in two section: not very usefull since for many check
such as unused function.

SUGGESTION for improvement
It would be great if Splnit has a flag that allow to include the complete
source file
list to check within an option file (such as the -I for include) or at
least an "exclude source file flag" to allow to use wild card.

Stephane Martin, ing.