Hi Kai-Uwe.

Using the out-of gamut feature in multiprofile transforms is not
supported in 1.xx

There is, however, a new function on 2.0 that does what you want:

cmsHTRANSFORM cmsCreateExtendedTransform(cmsContext ContextID,

   cmsUInt32Number nProfiles,
cmsHPROFILE hProfiles[],

   cmsBool  BPC[],

   cmsUInt32Number Intents[],

   cmsFloat64Number
AdaptationStates[],

   cmsHPROFILE hGamutProfile,

   cmsUInt32Number
nGamutPCSposition,

   cmsUInt32Number InputFormat,

   cmsUInt32Number
OutputFormat,

   cmsUInt32Number dwFlags);

So, you specify in which position is the PCS you want to check gamut
and the
profile that describes the target space.

Maybe it would be possible to implement it on 1.xx, but that would
need to use low
level internal functions and at that point I cannot guarantee that
would work.

BTW, the gamut tag has some severe issues and some ICC members are
suggesting
to change it. But what you describe (a devicelink with
gamut-checking) may be
useful. I have no notice of any CMS supporting that.

Regards
Marti

Quoting Kai-Uwe Behrmann <k...@gmx.de>:

Hello

my profile chain to mark out of gamut colours is like:
input -> effect profiles (abstract) -> proofing profiles -> output

The whole chain is brought to a cmsHTRANSFORM object and then feed
_cmsPrecalculateGamutCheck(). But the later complains (crashes)
about a
missing  _LPcmsTRANSFORM p->PreviewProfile

Any idea on how to obtain the proofing LUT(s)?

Btw. my goal is to attach the gamut LUT to a device link and store
that in
the CMS' cache. As Oyranos stores all profiles in device links,
there is
no way around for gamut marking informations. The gamut LUT shall
later be
extracted and somehow assigned to the colour transform for out of
gamut
marking.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org

---
Come build with us! The BlackBerry(R) Developer Conference in SF,
CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart
your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market
and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9 - 12, 2009. Register
now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference[1]

Links:
------