Richard Hughes wrote:
> First, an easy one. Using lcms-1.18-3.fc12.i686 and the
> sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc profile[1] I can't get the description or
> copyright as it's using an 'mluc' tag rather than plain 'text'. Is
> this supposed to work using methods such as cmsTakeProductDesc, as to
> return true Unicode strings you need to return a length as the string
> does not have to be NULL terminated.

It should work, but unfortunately some implementations of wcstombs
doesn't work. It would be
fixed in next release, which adds functions to return unicode strings.
> Then, a more complicated one. GNOME Color Manager uses the 'vcgt'
> tag[1] to get the video card gamma table from the ICC profile. I don't
> see any support for vcgt in the ICC specification, nor in the icc34.h
> header file. lcms doesn't seem to support this functionality. Is this
> intentional?

As said by Graeme, this is private tag owned by Apple. ICC asked Apple
time ago, about the
posibility of moving the tag to the public spec, but Apple choosed to
keep the ownership,
which is absolutely legitimate. The current lcms 2.0 codebase does
supports reading and writing
this tag, but no further operations.

Regards
Marti