-----Original Message-----
From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann [mailto:k...@gmx.de]
Sent: 22. februar 2010 11:14
To: Esben Høgh-Rasmussen
Cc: Lcms Liste
Subject: Re: [Lcms-user] Problems with non-perceptual intents in LCMS2

Am 22.02.10, 11:08 +0100 schrieb Esben Høgh-Rasmussen:
>> Just another quick question (or maybe a feature request): is there a
>> safe way to apply a transform from several threads without locking?
>
> Oyranos threads a lcms colour conversion over OpenMP quite well.

Hi,

OpenMP can help, but we normally get a lot more out of doing things by
hand. Last week we had a case where disabling OpenMP improved performance
by a factor of 25 on a 16-core computer in a part of out application.

In this particular case, OpenMP is not an option since the processing is
already handled in threads.

While I admit I did not test it, I doubt OpenMP is able to do better
than calling LCMS in native threads. As far as I can see the locking
affected by CMS_DONT_USE_PTHREADS is quite minimal.

Thank you for your input; it could help a lot if you start from a
non-threaded app.

Regards,

Esben Høgh-Rasmussen Myosotis
Software Engineer