    Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:13:09 +1000
    From: Louis Solomon <lo...@steelbytes.com>
 Subject: RE: [Lcms-user] [ANNOUNCE] LittleCMS 2.0 released
      To: i...@littlecms.com

Hi,

Here's the result of my testing of LittleCMS 2.0 vs SampleICC 1.5.1 vs
WindowsColorSystem (Win7) for converting spot colours in Absolute mode.

The attached image is the output of each combination of the following:

* two source images: [adbe98] and [pphot]. These are two tiff of the gretag
 24
swatches, one with the Adobe98 RGB values, and one with ProPhoto RGB values
.

* tifficc.exe from littlecms 2.0 [lcms2], iccapplyprofile.exe from sampleic
1.5.1 [sicc] and my own tool that uses the Windows Color System [wcs] (ICM
with
the WCS_ALWAYS flag set).

* four different sRGB profiles, 'sRGB Color Space Profile.icm' [old] from
Windows and sRGB_IEC61966-2-1_noBPC.icc [-BPC], sRGB_IEC61966-2-1_withBPC.i
cc
[+BPC] & sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc [v4] from
www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter.

Note that WindowsColorSystem  gives a 'netural' result for the greyscale st
ripe
in all cases, but LittleCMS2 and SampleICC sometimes give a blue result
sometimes a brown result and sometimes a neutral result.

Now maybe you'll say some of those profiles are broken, or maybe not.  I am
 just
bugged that these three CMSs don't agree.

(All the source files are available if you would like to repro.)

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com