Quoting Mark <d...@cine-scan.com>:

> I see. How are you dealing with the new floating point DToBx/BToDx tags?
>
> If I join (create a transform) from a matrix shaper display profile
> to an BToDx profile LCMS will use the 0...1.0 normalized encoding for
> the matrix shaper profile, then un-normalize to the full PCS encoding
> and continue evaluation of BToDx?
> Is that it? Or are you normalizing the BToDx MPE's values first.

All profiles are using XYZ or Lab as PCS. Both spaces have their encoding
properly defined, either on V2 or V4. LittleCMS does keep its encoding
and then it applies a factor of 1/65535 on the encoded value. No further
adjust is done. MPE already expects numbers in that notation.
How MPE deals internally with such numbers is up to the profile vendor.

So, your matrix shaper return a value between 0...65535, then lcms
divides this
value by 65535 and the result is directly passed to MPE.

Regards
Marti