On 6/14/10 8:36 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 14.06.10, 19:02 +0200 schrieb Tomas Carnecky:
>> It was in a plugin because that's how compiz works. The core is tiny and
>> the bulk of the functionality is implemented in plugins. If it was a
>> different window manager, the net color spec would be part of its core,
>> who knows...
>
> Do you see a chance to support the net-color spec through Xorg itself?
> What are conditions to get there?

The X standards has pretty much always been driven by users and their
needs. Whoever comes along first and creates the standard pretty much
always wins, assuming the standard is needed and discussed beforehand
with all involved parties. So yes, I'm pretty sure they would support
the spec. Now, as to the conditions, I don't know. Though the way it
seems to go is that someone creates the spec and gets all other
developers to follow it. Do you know of any application that uses the
net-color spec? Perhaps some image editors or such?

Some time ago I considered splitting the OpenGL/lcms related code to a
library (or at least a separate source file) so that different window
managers could share it. Maybe now it's time to do it since another
window manager is planing to add support for color management.

tom