Am 13.02.2014 00:01, schrieb marti.ma...@littlecms.com:
> At that point I wish to thank Artifex very much for the sponsoring-
> without their aid, we would never have reached the functionality this
> release has.

Thanks, from me too.

> What is new:
>
> lcms has no longer global variables anymore. By using cmsContext,
> several apps can share lcms2 as a shared object and use different
> plug-ins, loggers and settings. Each instance has its private context,
> and contexts are not shared across apps.

That's good to read.
cmsContext is now ifdefed with LCMS_VERSION >= 2060 in the Oyranos lcm2
module. Still need more testing while enabling mutli threaded transform
creation, which was so far disabled.

> Ant that's all for now. If no stopper is found, the release of
> lcms2-2.6 would happen in two weeks. Please feel free to download and
> check the CMM in your application, if something does not work, let us
> know. If it works fine, let us know as well. Weird platforms have an
> extra bonus. Thank you again for your great support!

cmsGetContextUserData() can be used to obtain a referenced object and
release it upon lcms handle destroy. But how can one get the passed in
cmsContext before calling e.g. cmsCloseProfile().

My function sequence is essentially:
id = cmsCreateContext(NULL, my_object)
profile = cmsOpenProfileFromMemTHR(id,...)
// other code parts inbetween
// How to get the my_object back to unref or free?
cmsCloseProfile(profile)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe