On Sun, 30 Jul 2017, Lorenzo Ridolfi wrote:

There’s a lot of Vector Libraries that wrap the usage of SSE instructions. I used one of that libraries in a project long time a go and I could not find it. But the performance improvement was great.

As a lcms user, I would definitely prefer if lcms has no external dependencies.

The ideal situation is if the C code is written in such a way that modern optimizing compilers do the right thing by default and produce good code for any CPU. This should mean that the compilers automatically produce SSE code where they should if it is enabled.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn