From: Howard Chu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:10:11 -0800

> From: Adam Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:36:32 -0500

> Is the LDAP server your account repository?  What MTA?  (I'm familiar
> with both Sendmail and Postfix and both support account-checking and
> LDAP whitelists out of the box).

Of course Sendmail's built-in LDAP checker is quite possibly the most
inefficient LDAP client implementation conceivable. My Sendmail LDAP milter
does in 2 queries what it takes them 88 queries to accomplish.

--
   -- Howard Chu

Newbie here again. I'm on an Apache server using Sendmail. If by
'account-checking' you mean it can generate a list of local email
addresses, maybe using OpenLDAP is overkill?

I'll take a look at the Sendmail docs. Thanks.

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.