You can tie ADAM to AD for authenticating users, but that certainly
isn't a requirement.

---
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA * 225-706-8414
http://www.puryear-it.com

Author:
  "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
  "Spam Fighting and Email Security in the 21st Century"

Download your free copies:
  http://www.puryear-it.com/publications.htm

> * Quanah Gibson-Mount <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-01-31 19:59]:
>> --On Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:57 PM -0600 Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL
>> PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >Any ADAM-stories would be welcome. :)
>>
>> It still isn't fully LDAP compliant.  Either "cn" or "sn" is only allowed to
>> be single-valued, I forget which.

> if that was all...

> now, how about pointing ADAM (or whatever it is called nowadays) to
> OpenLDAP for authentication? I really know nothing about AD but
> what I read from the ADAM docs ADAM needs some external DSA for
> authentication (most probably AD).
> for me the possibility of having some M$-AD-like stuff that actually
> integrates with our OpenLDAP based directory services sounds quite
> interesting.
> and while I'm at it: has anyone some actual data/info on if you or
> cannot can integrate M$ AD with some external (MIT, Heimdal) Kerberos
> server for authentication?

> we're trying to get rid of password syncing so any info on ways
> accomplishing this (ADAM, Kerberos) would be appreciated.

> regards,
> -p.schober

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
> UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.