That's just a requirement from our customer :)
They want to be able to search users (contained in LDAP directory) using
wildcards:
* - zero or more symbols
? - zero or one symbol

Best Regards,
Alina.

On 5/2/07, Mike Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Let's ask the question in a different way. What is your use case for
querying cns which contain common beginnings, endings, and arbitrary
values with arbitrary lengths in the middle?

Out of context, it seems quite peculiar to me.

Mike

--
http://www.netauth.com - LDAP Directory Consulting

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
]