* Dieter Kluenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-05-07 14:26]:
> The objectclass groupOfNames requires the member attribute type. The
> attribute type memberUid belongs to objectclass posixgroup.

not only that: everything here is completely confused. I would suggest
turning on schema checking first.

Mário Gamito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > # TIM Groups
> > dn: ou=tim,ou=accounts,dc=telbit,dc=pt
> > objectClass: groupOfNames
> > ou: tim

ok, you have groups under "ou=accounts" (for whatever reason) and you
name a group "ou=tim", where ou means "organisational unit", which is
not definded in the objectclass this object has (a groupOfNames).
I suppose you'd want this to be of objectclass "organizationalUnit",
not "groupOfNames". also the description is misleading (but
syntactically irrelevant).

> > # Grupo futebol
> > dn: uid=mgamito,ou=tim,ou=accounts,dc=telbit,dc=pt
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: person
> > objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> > memberUid: mgamito
> > cn: Futebol

in the comment you imply that this should be the object for a group
namend "futebol". but the object is not of the class groupOfNames (for
groups) but of class person (for people).
also if this should be the group futebol why do you name the object
"uid=mgamito"? then you try to add "mgamito" (itelf, according to the
objects name) as a member (which is not possible, person objects can
obviously not have members).

maybe this clears things up a bit: usually there are three ways to
define groups:

- list members in group objects.
  some common attributes/objectclasses:
   - member/groupOfNames[1] with DNs values
   - memberUid/posixGroup[2] with uids as values
   - hasMember/eduMember[3] with unspecified values (either uid or DN)

- list groups in person objects
  common attributes/objectclasses:
   - isMemberOf/eduMember with unspecified values (either uid or DN)

- do both (groups with members, persons with groups)

in you example you probably wanted to create:
- an object to store the groups under, e.g. ou=groups,dc=telbit,dc=pt
  of objectclass organizationalUnit (Quanah will suggest the use of
  cn=groups for that, using some other objectclass).
- an object for each group of objectclass groupOfNames,
  e.g. cn=futebol,ou=groups,dc=telbit,dc=pt listing the DNs of all
  it's members in the member attribute:
  member: uid=mgamito,ou=tim,ou=accounts,dc=telbit,dc=pt
- an object for some person, e.g. uid=mgamito,ou=accounts,dc=telbit,dc=pt

if you *really* wanted to know everyhing there is to know about
directory groups (which I suppose you don't since all you want is to
setup some jabber server) have a look at
http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/internet2-mace-dir-groups-best-practices-200210.htm

regards,
-p.schober

[1] RFC 2256
[2] RFC 2307
[3]
http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/docs/internet2-mace-dir-ldap-group-membership-200507.html

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]