From: Marcelo Maraboli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:37:11 -0300

I had this same problem with FreeBSD 6.2 and OpenLDAP 2.4.6, and after
searching everywhere, I found that the problem is in fact an unclean shutdown
forced by the "startup" script (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd stop)

Carefully looking at the code, the script kills the daemon and waits for
a small period of and then starts killing (-9) the remaining processes (yuck!).
This should work, but somehow it doesn´t wait enough time.

If you tuned your checkpoint setting, it wouldn't take slapd so long to flush its buffers on termination.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:14:37 +0100

>> How do I check what version of BerkeleyDB that our OpenLDAP is using?
>
> Start slapd with "-d1" and look for the startup message. E.g., on my
> 2.4 build I get:
>
> slapd init: initiated server.
> slap_sasl_init: initialized!
> bdb_back_initialize: initialize BDB backend
> bdb_back_initialize: Berkeley DB 4.6.21: (September 27, 2007)
> hdb_back_initialize: initialize HDB backend
> hdb_back_initialize: Berkeley DB 4.6.21: (September 27, 2007)

I have no idea when there will be a possibility for me to do this. =20
This is a live server, so I can't start and stop things at my choosing.
Is there no command that gives the same output without disturbing =20
slapd that is already running?

The fact that you ask this question indicates that you haven't read any of the manpages for the commands that OpenLDAP provides. Bye.
--
  -- Howard Chu

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]