Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the right list for this, if not please redirect me. I'm trying to set up openldap on a freebsd system for authentication. I want to do both FreeBSD as well as Linux machines. Additionally i'd like to hook a samba pdc in to ldap so that windows users can change their passwords as well. First of all i'm interested in talking to anyone who has this. Second, i don't like passwords going over the network in the clear. So i decided to set up tls and a ca. The instructions i used to set up the ca are at:

http://sial.org/howto/openssl/ca/

I've had the ca and generated certs for the ldap server. I've added tls options to slapd.conf, but now when i start the server i'm getting an error refering to my ca's public key error code -1 and a debug shows that it doesn't like the ca's public key. Is there something special i have to do to my ca's public key to allow ldap to recognize it?
Thanks.
Dave.

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.