Sébastien Barthélemy wrote:
2008/5/6 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:

    I did not try this myself (I had some problems getting the whole
    kerberos+ldap etc etc authentication working at all with all kind of
    clients), and I don't know if all svn clients are kerberos capable.

I had problems with various svn clients when I was using digest authentification. Now I use basic authentification + SSL which seems widely supported, and I would prefer to stick with it, if possible.

Both mechanisms also not solve your problem with passwords being stored in clear at the SVN client-side. I guess there's no effective technical solution to get rid of this problem. Even with SSO solutions like Kerberos or CAS people can shoot themselves in the foot and circumvent your security policy. You have to make your users aware of the issue and then provide an appropriate technical solution.

Ciao, Michael.

---
You are currently subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBJECT of the message.