-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bryan Murdock
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:21 PM
To: LDS Open Source Software
Subject: scouting software (Re: Re: [Ldsoss] Stake/Ward Web Site Utilities)

On 2/7/06, Gary Thornock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- TJ Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The church might also get into legal trouble with creating the
> > software. The BSA is pretty strict with their copyrights and I would
> > imagine they have their own software available to leaders for a
> > price.
>
> As it happens, the BSA doesn't produce software like that.  They have
> a data interchange specification that software developers can use to
> interact with the systems at the council offices, but from there, it's
> up to third party developers to produce unit management programs.
> There are a number of good ones available, albeit most if not all of
> them are Windows-only, which isn't the best way to make Mac and Linux
> users (am I the only one?) happy.

You are not the only one!  Do you know where someone could get ahold of
those data interchange specifications?  I've seen software that claims to be
Scoutnet Certified, or something like that, but google hasn't yet shown me
what that means how one would go about becoming such.

Bryan