Get your own websever and use JSP GoogleMaps for free ;)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd Miner
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:02 PM
To: ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org
Subject: [Ldsoss] Mapping on lds.org

What I'd really like to see is a mashup of the posted addresses on the ward web site with Google maps.  Since I work at the stake level, I'd love to see all the stake members pinpointed on a map with different color pushpins for their ward assignments.  I'm sure this is possible, and I have even found websites that will publish my spreadsheet full of addresses via Google maps - but they charge for their services.

Sounds like a great open source project.  :)

> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:02:39 -0600
> From: "Ed Ashton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> mode)
>
> Besides the rudimentary mapping on the lds website using mapquest does
> anybody know of any other mapping or GIS related projects the Church has
> embarked on?  I'm a membership clerk in our local unit and have found using
> ESRI's Arcview very helpful for leaders, members and missionaries to know
> where members live.  Not to mention the the plethora of other useful
> information that a GIS can contain.

Crush! Zap! Destroy! Junk e-mail trembles before the might of Windows Live(tm) Mail beta. Windows Live(tm) Mail beta