On 4/6/06, Richard K Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Bryan Murdock wrote:
>
> > On 4/6/06, Greg Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Failed for me on both Safari v2.0.3 and Firefox v1.0.4 with the
> >> following error:
> >>
> >> Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.
> >> the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> >> right syntax to use near 'KEEFE APT 10' AND zip = '94025'' at line 1
> >
> > I got a very similar error:
> >
> > Error: the XML response that was returned from teh server is invalid.
> >
> > Reveived:
> >
> > Could not perform query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
> > the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
> > syntax to use near 'S CIRCLE' AND zip = '98683' at line 1
> >
> > Looks like part of someones address and the zip code in the area.
> >
> > Bryan
>

> Sloppy coding on my part -- I wasn't escaping my database queries, so
> somebody's address with an apostrophe fouled it up.  Try again now.
>
> I also fixed a bug that caused it to fail for wards with 5-digit unit
> numbers.  (I assumed all unit numbers had 6 digits.)

It works now, but I'm seeing the same thing as a lot of others, some
locations are off by a little, a few are off by a whole lot.  A lot of
people do seem to be missing, especially in apartments.  I'm wondering
if they are all stacked up in exactly the same spot though, since the
apartments all have the same address except the apt. number.  I
checked and geocoder.us returns the same coordinates no matter what
apt. number you enter.

Bryan