-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Ashton
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:06 PM
To: ldsoss@lists.ldsoss.org
Subject: [Ldsoss] open source / commuting

Why doesn't the church harness the community?  I'm sure there are a plethora
of people that would like to contribute but don't want to move to salt lake
or give up a job that pays better than peanuts.  It could be as simple as a
church website with forums, this community, a site with current projects or
even people working over distance.

Does anybody remember "The Gunman Chronicles" a half-life game, or
counter-strike?  If my memory serves me right both of those projects and
most of the game mods one sees on the internet were/are created by people
spread throughout the world working on projects that don't pay anything, but
are projects everyone is deeply interested in.

just my thoughts.

Ed Ashton

I'm not afraid!

...but I've already got a good job with people I like, and there's no way
I'd commute to SLC  :-P