-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven H. McCown
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:11 AM
To: 'LDS Open Source Software'
Subject: RE: [Ldsoss] Administrative account difficulties

There are several free 'password recovery' tools available on the Internet.
"Emergency Boot CD" is a very easy tool to use.  Here is a link
(http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm) to a compilation
of tools.  Time to reset the password is about 2 min (incl boot time).
Microsoft MSDN pages used to reference L0phtCrack for password recovery, so
they understand this to be a real problem.  To avoid any snide remarks,
Linux isn't much better in this regard.  ;)

Steve