I guess they feel that they are losing money to the "internet culture" and
that they need to re-educate people that it is wrong to steal.  While 30
years ago, truly honest people would never have dared photocopy a book (even
if it was free and instantaneous), the "internet culture" has changed that
mindset.  This new culture has given us other 'experts' such as Napster,
torrents, etc. that make it technologically easy to do what once was
considered wrong by the mainstream.

I remember church talks telling us that it was wrong to steal cable TV.  The
response of some was, "oh, come on, they're not actually losing money on me,
because I wouldn't subscribe anyway and it doesn't really cost them more for
just 1 more viewer..."  It was still stealing even though some had really
compelling rationalizations...

What's interesting about this particular piece is that Hollywood is taking
an "explain and educate" angle rather than a more confrontational
"intimidate and litigate".  That's a noteworthy twist given how much piracy
costs Hollywood.

If the next generation of net user grows up having learned that it is wrong
to copy [not just photocopy], then we may just end up with less litigation
and that would be a good thing.  Wouldn't it?

Steve